Let us make a movie about feeling out of your age. Never feeling your age, wanting to be older, younger, feeling you should have been born decades ago, feeling alien, being isolated, being a lone ranger, but sadly it is all self induced. Let us make a movie about driving ourselves lonely.
aren’t you scared?!
Ideas & Summaries for Projects in Pre-Production
*short - I stole the term from snl. I call it short because it is a short film/video that may or may not fall under the definition of “music video”, but also has plot/story or several different songs used throughout production.
*music video - video only used for/dedicated to musician’s work. should only be as long as the song, and only one song.
*webisodes - consistent, short episodes posted online.
*film - you should understand that already.
“The Sea of Space” short
- Short interpreted through the poem “the sea of space” (yes, the one I wrote, I know so vain)
- Set - cheaply made outer space. How you say? With dark sheets as walls and christmas lights hanging as stars. *inspirational video coming up shortly to get a better idea of what it would look like.
- Actor? well. I prefer dancer. oh yea, I’m going there. I want a full out interpretive modern dance that explores the text of the poem. check out the note on facebook titled “the sea of space” to refer to text.
- Sound - I am still debating on whether the poem will be recorded for narration or will be spoken by performer. It might be cool to get a musician to compose a track???
- When shall we get started? I would like to start sooner than later, and by that vague description I mean ASAP. Of course I need to check out other rooms for the set, because as of right now it looks like it will be filmed in my room…
SO if you’re interested in participating in any way in this outer space adventure LET.ME.KNOW. Also, please contact me if you have any pieces I could use for set (i.e black or dark blue sheets/tablecloths/blankets, white holiday/decorative lights, or anything astronomically out of this world that I could use! see what I did there?)
College Life Webisodes
- Webisodes that expose the awkward and sometimes explicit lifestyles of us college kids. I have this idea, but I am not getting it started properly. I need some co-producers on this one. Editors/writers would be nice. My aim is to use humor (made popular by “The Office”, “Parks & Recreations”, and “Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) to poke fun at this very strange time in our lives. We’re not children anymore, not really dependent on our parents, yet we literally mean nothing to society. We have maybe, few accomplishments, are still in school, and somehow this is the time when we “find ourselves” or at least supposed to.
- Set - San Diego. film within our means obv.
- Actors - Calling all actors! or Aspiring! But I have to have a solid script first. I have already written some scenes, but again I need more eyes to look over and more mouths to laugh at what I have. It’s probably not as funny as I think it is. So you actors out there, don’t you worry, this is happening, but it just might take awhile.
- Crew - This is a cheap project & an ensemble effort, so those who act in it, will also be crew members: camera men, costumers, your own make-up artists, your own stunt men, etc. Writers will have dual jobs as well.
- When will we get started? If you are interested in being a main writer/producer/director let me know. This project is subject to when scripts are done. I am hoping that this can get started before or at least by summer.
Again, if you are interested contact me via facebook, text, or message. But please understand that this is a project that needs commitment. We’re not getting paid and if you don’t like filming for fun, this probably isn’t the project for you. Of course you can always audition for minor roles or extras, but a crew member is someone I can depend on. Schedule will be subject to a collaborative time when most crew members are available. I plan for this is to be 8-12 episodes. All half-hour long.
“3 am” by Eminem music video
- Music Video dedicated to the great Eminem, already starring Tony Bahena :]. Twas his idea, and I am honoring it. We are still brainstorming set and plotline. This should be coming up soon, so I will post more info on this project when we have a solid concept of the video. I know we will need performers/crew members. If you love Eminem, and I do mean love then feel free to shoot some ideas at me for the video.
Mmk, that’s it for now. I still have other ideas for projects, but I should probably be taking babysteps.
You know how to reach me :]
not until i transfer, which is still tba…. ha
phil spector, The Teddy Bears.
yes phil is in prison for murder.
awesomesauce. ok, since i’m anxious to start on everything we should do some brainstorming. if you are having any visions of what you would like to create, don’t by a little shy one now. I am still getting familiar with my cameras and what they can do, but the sooner we can start a project, the better :].
and now we are following each other :]
I realized that i’m not as cool as I want to be. so. I need to fix that.
first order of business: become a SOCIAL NETWORKING TYCOON. no, not beiber status, but important enough to make a difference.
which brings us to next order of business: ALIX’S FILM PROJECTS. I am in a creative tundra and every footstep is a new idea that I find so amazingly awesome I will not be satisfied until they are born!
SO, thus driving us to last order of business: I NEED CREATIVE MINDS to work with. I want to create films, shorts, music videos (in a sense; explanation upon request) and wonderful pieces of art. No stopping, no wrong, just plug n’ chug of experimental concepts, some funny, some scary, some down right sexy. I need dancers, writers, actors, musicians, camera men. EVERYTHING and everyone who is willing. willing to cooperate, commit, and produce art (also known as cool shit). FYI, people above don’t need experience, just a non-douchey attitude.
Let me know if you are any bit interested. We can converse, I can let you know some films I already have planned. :]
Mind you, these projects are not month long processes, nor purposely abstract, or limited to standard guidelines, but they can be if you want. They can be anything really.
This is open to errbody, but…only awesome people need apply.
tweezers; they get those nice hard to reach places.